Cleveland's culinary heavyhitters are set to take Manhattan for the Cleveland Rocks dinner, happening tomorrow at the historic James Beard House. Among the chefs making the trek to Greenwich Village are:
- Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury of Saucisson
- Jeremy Lisy of Green City Growers
- Vishwatej Nath of Urban Farmer
- Brian Okin of Dinner in the Dark and Polpetta (opening next month in Rocky River)
- Chris Quinn of U.S. Foods
- John Selick of University Hospitals
- John Taylor of Lock 15 Brewing Co.
- Jill Vedaa of Salt (a James Beard Award semi-finalist for Best Chef in the Midwest Region)
On the menu? Hors d'oeuvres like "S.O.S." (creamed chipped beef on toasted bread) and "Pig Newtons" (savory pork rillette cookies with fig jam), and entrees like Cleveland fish-and-chips, summer melon salad, and pork scrapple terrine.
Guests attending the dinner will have an opportunity to tour the Beard House kitchen, meet the chefs, and observe them at work preparing the night’s meal. Following a reception on the home’s ground floor and garden terrace, the party will ascend to the second-floor dining room for a six-course tasting menu with wine pairings. An informal Q&A session with the chefs will conclude the evening.
Can't make the trip to the Big Apple? Stay tuned to the @freshwatercle Instagram page on August 1, where FreshWater writer Tricia Chaves will take over our Instagram to showcase the best of the Beard House festivities.