Are you passionate about the future of Cleveland? Are you plugged into the people, places, and projects shaping and transforming our city?
Then you might be the perfect managing editor for FreshWater!
We are looking for someone to join our team starting in July.
Our managing editor wears many hats. The ideal candidate will have experience writing and editing high-quality magazine-style features and news stories; experience in online journalism and social media; and an interest in urban and social issues, economic development, innovation, and technology. Candidates must be based in Greater Cleveland and have a good grasp of the city’s neighborhoods.
This candidate will also bring a willingness to learn and experiment, a collaborative spirit, a knack for spotting emerging urban trends, and a strong set of connections to thought leaders and creative talent.
Managing Editor responsibilities include:
· Drive the editorial vision and mission (process, standards, etc.)
· Manage the publication's ongoing editorial calendar and identify story ideas/topics
· Assigning and editing stories (including partner content)
· Regularly contribute features and news stories
· Act as liaison and project manager for partner content
· Proofread and publish stories in CMS
· Lead regular team meetings and quarterly editorial advisory meetings
· Recruit, hire, and develop a diverse base of freelance talent
· Manage monthly budget and editorial costs
· Manage social media efforts
· Assist in oversight of special projects as applicable
· Collaborate with local publisher to provide direction on new programs
We are considering options for both full-time and contract roles. If you are interested and you are the right person for this job, get in touch.
In your cover letter, please include links to 2-3 clips and an idea or two for stories you would like to see in FreshWater. Feel free to also include links to your blog, Twitter, Instagram, or other social channels. Please submit your application to Jen Jones Donatelli at [email protected]
by Monday, June 17, 2019 at 5 pm
. (The sooner the better, as we are hoping to start interviews very soon.)
IMG is committed to fostering and preserving a culture of inclusion and diversity. Everyone is encouraged to apply. You can learn more about Issue Media Group and our network of publications at www.issuemediagroup.com